This recipe is modified from several that I found online. They all seemed to use a lot of oil so I experimented and settled on 2T of oil per pound of cauliflower. I think it works! Of course, you can also fry cauliflower in a deep pan of oil and it tastes delicious, but I prefer my oil in smaller doses. I vary the spicing a lot, but it always seems to taste great as long as you use enough salt. Serves approximately 4
- 1/2 head cauliflower (about 1 lb.) cut into bite size florets
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- tsp. fresh or dry thyme
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, garlic and red pepper then spread out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme, and toss again.
- Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Serve.
- One of my recipes calls for twice the olive oil but I think this is enough
- It says that it serves 4, but if it’s the main course, it more likely serves 2.