This granola is a little sweeter than my Nutty Cinnamon Granola so my son likes it better! Thanks to my friend Kristi who tested many many recipes before she arrived at this perfect blend of oats, almonds and honey. The raisins are of course optional or add in any other dried fruit once the baking is done.
- 4 C. rolled oats (gluten free if you prefer)
- 1 & 1/2 C. sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. canola or other vegetable oil
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C. raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan, warm the oil and honey over low heat until easily blended. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour warm oil/honey over oats/almond mix. Toss to coat.
- Place the mixture in a 9 x 13 pan or a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 35 minutes stirring every 10-15 minutes to avoid burning and to cook it evenly.
- Allow to cool, stir in the raisin and store in an air-tight container.
- I personally prefer the 9×13 pan as I seem less likely to burn part of the granola when it’s not as spread out as it would be in a 1/2 baking sheet, but a baking sheet will also work well.
- I keep my granola in an airtight jar on the counter and it always lasts long enough to be eaten
- Easy to make this gluten free just by using GF oats
Full credit for this recipe goes to my friend Kristi and her daughter Greta who was the taste-taster and judge for all of Kristi’s trials. Thanks Kristi!
Leave a Reply