This smoothie is one of my go-to snacks. It’s great for protein and a perfect sweet fix without any added sugar…and it tastes like a chocolate milkshake. Serves 1-2 but easily doubled.
Chocolate PB Smoothie
- 1 C. soy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 frozen banana in chunks
- 1 T. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the blender. Blend and serve.
- This is very similar to my Cinnamon Almond Smoothie – both are great. I’ve tried other combos but haven’t found anything as good as these two.
- I’m fussy about my soy milk and only use unsweetened organic plain soy milk. I’m sure it works well with regular (cow’s milk) and almond milk too. But I like the soy.
- Great use for over-ripe bananas
- I always over-buy bananas to make sure I end up with too many. When they are too soft to eat, I cut them in 4 and freeze them (best to freeze on a pan, then dump into a bag or container to stop them from sticking to each other). Only problem is that there are rarely enough bananas left for banana bread.