These easy-to-make chicken fingers are much better than the store-bought ones, and likely healthier too. Serve them chopped up in a caesar or on their own for a quick easy dinner. Left overs can be eaten at room temperature or briefly re-heated. Might be pretty good with my cilantro-cashew dressing or a chipotle ranch dip.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 eggs, scrambled in a bowl
- 3/4 C. panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat over to 450ºF
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, and set aside
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan in flat bowl
- Dip the chicken strips in the eggs, then roll in the breadcrumb mix, then place on greased baking pan. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Bake chicken for about 7 minutes on one side, then flip and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes (longer if you did thick strips).
- For parmesan cheese, I’ve always used the pre-grated (or grate your own)
- I’ve always used panko breadcrumbs as they seem to add a little crunch
- You can also use egg whites instead of whole eggs…it just depends on what you have on hand.